Nothing but natural
Cacao beans provide the substance for what we most often associate with chocolate. It comes from the cacao tree and is known by its scientific name, Theobroma cacao, which means "food of the gods." The cacao bean, found inside the pulp of the cacao fruit, is the primary raw ingredient for all chocolate products.
Cacao tea is produced from the shell, or husk, of the cacao bean, which is often discarded in the process of making chocolate. During this process, cacao beans are harvested, fermented, and dried. The shells are then removed from the beans, leaving the remaining nibs to continue forward in the process. Although only a byproduct of chocolate making, the shells are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals and serve as the foundation for our tea.
How to Brew
Our tea is made from the shell of the cacao bean, so it’s not as fragile as other tea leaves or tisanes. To ensure full flavor is released, it requires hotter water and a longer steep time. We recommend steeping 2 teaspoons of loose leaf tea (using an infuser or tea bag) in a cup of boiling water (210° F) for at least 6-8 minutes. Enjoy it pure or with cream and sweetener.
Healthy never tasted so good
Our cacao tea was created to be a healthy alternative to traditional caffeinated drinks. It is completely natural, preservative free, and without any artificial flavors or starches (zero calories, gluten-free, and vegan). Not only is it delicious, but it will also make you feel better all day long thanks to its unique health-improving properties. So enjoy this amazing superfood, knowing you are doing right by your body.
Kick the caffeine
- Cacao contains theobromine, which has a gentle effect that is long-lasting and increases feelings of well-being.
Antioxidants for the win
- With 40 times more antioxidants than blueberries, it is one of nature's most potent antioxidant foods.
- Drink a cup of hot MiCacao before meals to help manage weight. Studies show cacao helps to curb appetite.
Minerals for the body
- Cacao is high in iron, magnesium, and zinc, all of which help to support the different systems within your body.
- Anandamide - known as the "bliss molecule", it creates a feeling of euphoria
- Serotonin - known as the feel good brain chemical, it restores feelings of well being to the mind and body
- Phenethylamine - leads to increased mental drive/cognition and helps to combat feelings of depression and anxiety
- Dopamine - increases sensations of pleasure and enhances motor and cognitive skills